View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
It's pretty easy to go back and read my original post. I didn't say overruled either, lol. I said he defied health official requests to not have the rally. Trump supporters can argue until the sun goes down but when the man claims to he the final authority, he accepts the responsibility that goes along with that and that includes the bad with the good.

Just for the record, I don't completely hate everything about Trump, I've actually had to defend him at times during discussions with friends but he is showing poor leadership when it comes to the virus and the numbers down south prove that.

de·fy
/dəˈfī/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: defying
openly resist or refuse to obey.
"a woman who defies convention"
(of a thing) make (an action or quality) almost impossible.
"his actions defy belief"

One more time. The governor controls health issues as they are a state responsibility. The governor had lifted restrictions on public gatherings. Some health experts had suggested it was a bad idea. Trump and the governor disagreed. He was not defying he was ignoring.
Also if you look at the links I posted above you can also see that not all public health officials are against all gatherings. If they had been a little more consistent in their advice perhaps both Trump and the governor would have taken the advice.