View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
It's definitely real (systemic racism).
Most here benefit from white privilege but don't realize it because it is what they grew up with. The fact that I, as a white male have never had to worry about not being accepted for a job because of my skin color...or know that when stopped by police it will go smoothly (as long as I don't act like a jerk)...it's been that way my entire life so it just wasn't something I thought about in the past.
But I've worked for large companies that had no employees that weren't white, even though I saw people of color applying for jobs.
I’ve had quite the opposite experience. I was flat out told that I wouldn’t be hired, right in the interview, even though I should’ve been on the short list, because of a company directive to bring in more visible minorities in to the company. Straight out of the person doing the interview.

Systemic racism does exist, and its there against everyone, no matter the skin color, there is something “racist”. Our own federal government has grants that I can’t apply for because I’m white. I’ve seen many job postings that say we only accept “whatever colored” people or whatever religion base of people. That’s discrimination, plain and simple. Everybody deals with,it’s a matter of how you respond.