View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:47 PM

Having worked 35 years, with people of all races and religions, I have a lot of first hand experience with racism. It certainly does exist, but not always in the way many people think. I have been pressured to hire people based on race, even though they were not qualified. I have seen people sent to rehab two and three times, rather than be fired, because of their race. I have seen people miss huge amounts of time while at apprenticeship school, and not be tossed out of the course, because of their race. I have seen people not fired for absenteeism, because of their race as well. I have seen people promoted, because of their race. When large companies and large organizations get involved, reverse racism, can be as bad or worse than what most people consider to be racism. I saw many people intimidated into following these programs , but I refused, I hired based on qualifications, and I gave appraisals based on performance, not to be politically correct, so my conscience is clear. And lucky for me, my boss did the same, which made it easier for me.