View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Sure, that happened, but I'd say that there was a brief period of time that they were not persecuted. And after all we're still talking about systemic racism here; were we not?

The base argument for systemic racism is built around the speaking point that non dominant races are held back by a system of oppression. Especially speaking of economic opportunity.

I read and hear about how much lower the black's wages are, and the type of neighborhoods forced on them, but I'm inclined to agree with David Webb, Candace Owens and Larry Elder on the matter. Biggest problem started in the 50's when the welfare system in the U.S. was overhauled to favor single parent families.
Systematic racism is a form (or a subset) of institutional discrimination.

Sometimes it's race, sometimes it's religion, it's immigrants, or sometimes it's targeting the economically depressed.

The bottom line is, that this exists and there are plenty of examples of this, and there really shouldn't be any arguing about the validity of this.

Your last sentence is a perfect example of institutional discrimination - a group favored (or discriminated) by a policy of an institution. This knife cuts in many ways.

And there's plenty of situations where specifically there is systematic racism too. Plenty of examples on this thread.