View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
There are definitely success stories involving people from all walks of life, and while I agree that it's all about the choices you make, I believe it is way tougher for some people to become successful depending on how the earlier years of their life are. If you compare the proportion of people who become successful when they had an upbringing that set them up for success vs those who became successful with the odds stacked against them, I believe there would be a great disparity that reveals how challenging it can be for some and that we need to recognize this rather than just taking a hard stance of "it's the choices you make."
It’s definitely easier for those who come from wealthy families or given a leg up being able to focus on education and this goes for all no matter what race you are. There is people of all races that face this.

We all still have a choice to make something of ourselves even if it’s not easy. The problem is most will say they can’t because it’s too hard or impossible. Others will use it as an excuse for their actions. Watched this first hand and still see it with some childhood friends

Either way pity and giving people excuses because they have to overcome a rough start does nothing to help them if anything it lowers the self esteem of some and gives others a reason to give up