View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 07:50 AM

i have 3 micro links, they are pretty great and saved me a pile of gas last spring during bear season.

had them set in low lying, fairly remote areas, I new signal would be a problem because during the previous hunting season my cell phone would only get signal when I was 8 feet up in my tree stand.

looked on amazon and found 10 foot wifi antenna extender cables for $15 each. bought 3 of them. we rigged up the antennas with a stick or climbed up the tree and tied them to a branch. got 2 bars, more than enough to send pictures.

the odd time there was some lag from the time the pictures were supposed to send, to the time where they showed up in the app.

my biggest beef with these cameras is actually with the app, you cant save photos directly from the app, you need to screen shot them. and each time you login to your account, it reloads all the pictures and can soak up a lot of data on your phone.

pictures and videos are very good quality in my opinion, although I have not tired many different trial cams.

for the $200 each we paid (split with hunting group) it was worth it as we don't use trail cams in the fall.