View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=MK2750;3367475]
Thinking I would go the extra mile, I purchased an orange hat for my son when he first started hunting. I could see him sitting up the cutline several hundred yards away. As the light diminished, I finally walked up and pulled him out of there. The color of the hat was barely evident to my eyes but the movement stood out like a sore thumb and looked like "something" moving around in the bush.

QUOTE]

That is why a jacket or vest is far better than just a toque (and / or gloves). We bob our heads and hands around far more than any other body part,,, in low light when color stars to fade, that togue now can appear to be the flashing underside of a whitetail deer tail or mule deer rump. But that said,,, in that same twilight,,, an all camo'ed up hunter will become a dark blob showing up against lighter backgrounds much the same size shape and color as a moose.

At the end of the day, I want other hunters to know I am a person. Wearing an orange vest or jacket is still better seen and identified than just a little of orange or full camo. And better yet use a flashlight to show your presence once legal hunting time is done.