Thread: Clutch Kit
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 11:39 PM
HIBACKPACKER

Hey Lilsundance
I realize the question and it's a good one. I'm just giving Crocket some of the medicine that was dished out the other night. It's their quote and I feel the same way you do every time you bring up something to talk about someone is waiting to put in their two bits in. Just sit back and take it with a grain of salt. I my self have installed a cluch kit into every quad that I own except my first one saying that as I get older I think that I like the gear driven quads. No matter what you do to your quad the belt will slip or fail at some point. At least with the gear drives going up or down hills at least you know where your at. With the belts and even the big Kaws they say that the motors will hold them back coming down the hill. Well I here to tell you that I have yet to have a quad that was belt driven that would hold me back. I've had Arctic Cats 650 Twins Yamaha 660 Kaw 750 brute force and yes 500 Rubs The only one that held me back was my first Honda 400 Forman with the gear drive.
Happy Hunting