View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:23 PM

Xbolt, I would love to see your brisket recipe as well. I just did my first brisket this wkd and I am very happy with the results. I use a REC TEC Grill which is a pellet grill similar to a GMG or Trager, just better quality IMO.
Bought a 13.3lb brisket from BonTon, not cheap but I like to splurge on good meat once in a while.
Injected it with Beef broth/soya/Worcestershire.
Dalmation rub on both sides. sat in fridge for 4 hours. (just the way my timing was working out, no other reason)
Friday 9:30pm fire up smoker to 200 deg.
10:00pm put brisket in smoker, drank a Coors in a Stubby btl and hit the hay.
6:00am brisket was at 155 deg. raised temp of smoker to 225 deg.
put brisket in foil tray, added a bit of leftover beef broth mix and covered in foil.
1:00pm brisket temp 190 deg
poured drippings in a saucepan and left brisket in uncovered foil tray to firm up the bark. (I like bark on my meat). Temp back down to 200 on smoker.
Boiled the drippings, then let cool and put in freezer for awhile to let fat float to top and firm up enough to scrape off with a spoon.
3:00 wrap brisket in foil and towels and set in cooler to rest.
4:30 unwrap and separated the point and rewrapped the flat and set back in cooler to continue resting till meal time. I cubbed the point for my burnt ends, put them back in the foil tray and brushed on some broth and returned to smoker along with my almost world famous Mac and Cheese.
6:00 sliced brisket flat and served with warmed up drippings/broth as an Au Jus along with burnt ends, Mac & Cheese and Corn Bread.
Everyone raved about it so I think I have finally conquered a brisket.
I'm computer brain dead so I cant post pics.
I'm always reading up on new recipes so I would be interested in your brisket recipe.

Cheers
SS