View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 11:04 PM

Ive spent many years hunting in wmu 108 , managed as a trophy zone for mule deer. I also am aware of the ranches that deal exclusively with a outfitter, I've even hunted on one of these ranches and personally know the outfitter. There has been a cow elk season there for a few years now, you may hunt with permission from the outfitter only.... foot access only. If your lucky enough to harvest an animal he will be glad to haul it out for you $75. per animal. Oh and by the way while he has his own hunters in there, he seems to be unavailable to get permission from. There are several ranches in this group, but one ownership group, and just one outfitter. I experienced this hunt one time, this ranch was so big it would be near impossible to find and harvest animals on foot, little alone get a harvested animal out. We both harvested our elk but not on this ranch. Don't get me wrong this outfitter is a nice guy just trying to make a living. Five years of trial tags may just help with his retirement plans.
My opinion is there might just be some truth to Bruce's theory on smoke screens.
And his opinion on APOS.............
Seem strange the two wmu's include zone 108 a trophy mule deer zone, and soon to be a bull elk season (some huge bulls), and zone 300 that has had land owner problems for years. Both zones have a history of paid for hunting already.
Oh and this nice guy just happens to live right smack dabb in between the two wmu's
Paid hunting in Alberta