View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Man

That sucks seeing Maroon play so poorly.
Some interesting stuff last night.

Looks like Hall was indeed poison in the locker room by the time McD came along. Too bad...and I’m not placing the blame on him because I think we put wayyyy too much pressure on these young kids. I really don’t think Hall should have been put I to any leadership roll either ..... just let him worry about his job.
I’m not sure if I’d listen to 4 coaches in 5-6 years either.

Edmonton’s fans, and it’s media need to seriously back off the criticizing pressure a bit with the players.
It’s simply too much to expect from young men....... combine that with Edmonton being a hard city to enjoy if you’re not from there..... it’s not surprising that it’s tough to get players to come here..... easy to lose ones passion for the game if you’re exposed to such.

Trade Hall.... he flourishes....
Trade Ebs..... he’s doing well
Trade yak..... ok never mind... he still sucks..
But I also know a real good offensive Dman that plays for the Penguins

... there’s a pattern here boys... and the fans played a roll in it.

There’s a few things to fix in ole E town.... the fans have some fixin to do too.

Just some thoughts...

Yea... they make a lot of money.... but they’re human.
Ok the fans have to wear some but the organization has hurt this teams development for quite a number of years. Fans have paid big dollars, have expectations and get the same story each year and after each bad game. It is like McLellan has a pre-set 7 day script that he rotates through.

Some of this stuff goes back to Lowe and McTavish --- the coaching change to dump Kruger for Eakins set Hall, Schultz and Eberle backwards on their development. I am not sold on Chiarelli as a genius for a manager -- look at his trades and compare the outcomes. Not good.

Last year may have been a fluke and put expectations high but the work ethic last year to this is substantially different, as is the performance of the special teams. Is this special team coaches or losing a key role player or two (ie not reading the team right for mix -- the role of Matt Hendricks in the room and limited minutes -- Jets rave about his role).