View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Often it is the cumulative effect. Like the straw that broke the camels back. You just don't know when that will happen....Being stung 15 times and nothing but the 16th time a reaction....a head scratcher for sure.

My brother-in-law used aspirin all his life and one night he needed one and poof an anaphylactic reaction on his front lawn. He lived when EMS have him a shot of Epinephrine.

Other adult friends having death allergies to eggs, wasp, bees (both can be different), kiwi fruit.......long list.

My son has a death allergy to a couple of foods, peanuts included. He carries an epi-pen all the time. It was only luck that we discovered it; he was very young and had licked peanut butter on his finger, I witnessed the whole thing.

The expired pens are still better than no epi-pen at all; the dose may not be as strong as a fresh one, but it still has some quality to it.

The other thing is the people around you knowing about your allergy and how to use the pen. There are plenty of video's and information to help.

Some of the real old pens we had, we used them to show his friends and family how to administer them....using an epi-pen and an orange...

Equip yourself; no taking chances here.

An epi-pen is $110 and fuel is $1.38L.....you need both to survive.....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 07-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.