View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:05 AM

My ac unit is Amana ASX160241 which is manufactured by Goodman, same factory makes both, both units look exactly the the same. The Amana has a better warranty though, limited lifetime compressor and limited 10 year parts. ( They replace the complete unit if the compressor dies ) With some research it appears that Maytag owns Goodman and Amana in some kind of round about way. Wouldn't surprise me if GE owns Maytag. LOL ( Aren't most appliances owned by two or three of the big guys) ?

1975 950 sq ft south facing bi level with a little bit of insulation upgrades and newer windows and they installed a 2 ton. They said a 1.5 ton would probably do the job but it was getting close to the limit so a 2 ton would be better. I had two quotes and both said 2 ton.

Your price looks good but consider going a little higher in seer, which would probably raise your price a little but it would be an upgrade of a couple models with a couple better upgrades on the unit.. Mine is 16 seer. scroll type compressor. Do some research.

I know nothing about the Goodman furnace.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.