View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
Personally I find cameras more of a distraction most times. After you see your presentation and what things look like on the bottom, a flasher is all you need to know a fish is around.
I’ve gotten to the point where after setting up over a $1000 in gear, and find myself staring at a screen like some digital junkie, I’ve lost the point of being out there all together.
A flasher might be all you need to know if a fish is around but they don't really tell you how to catch said fish.

A camera taught me far more about catching fish then a flasher ever would have. Being able to see how the fish interact with different baits, lures and presentations makes a camera an extremely powerful piece of equipment. Not only does it allow you to know fish are around but it also allows you to read the attitudes of the fish and know how to catch them.

Camera's are also by far the best piece of equipment to have around if you are taking people out that aren't hardcore fishermen(everyone loves to watch fish on the screen).

As a more hardcore fisherman I would probably buy a flasher before a camera especially since cameras don't work in all situations(deep water, suspended fish etc) but I have always enjoyed using one more then a flasher in the right situations.