View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I apply for draws and do all my hunting surveys on my iPhone. You don’t need a computer to fill out the surveys. It literally takes like 5-10 minutes to complete all my surveys for the year. It’s not like they’re asking us to go to check in stations to report our harvests!

I would have to say that the biologists are probably curious about more than just harvest numbers, they can do a pre-season aerial survey of the area to come up with estimated numbers. However, they aren’t going to be able to tell how many animals were harvested through hunting, or killed by motor vehicles, or just winterkill, unless we report our harvests. I may get ridiculed for saying this, but I think the harvest reports are a good idea.

I do agree with the above statements, that we need to include all methods of harvest though. First Nations, outfitters, etc. The only thing that really bugs me about the reports is that I commonly end up having to say NO to the “did you harvest an animal under the use of this license” question.
So you admit that you know the govt. will probably not have accurate counts from predation, vehicle kills, winterkill, FN, outfitters, and not all hunters but you still think the harvest reports are a good idea.