View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
What I was told by F&W was that they were looking at making every sheep zone a draw hunt and eliminating the 4/5 or full curl and making ANY ram legal. They were looking at this for three reasons; first, to cut down on the massive litigation costs pursuing charges against people who shoot short sheep. Most of these charges end up being thrown out in court anyway. Second, to reduce the # of rams shot and left after they are found out to be just short when the hunter gets to them. Third, to control the # of hunters in any given zone to make it a better experience and quality hunt. (I don't necessarily buy that argument). Again, just what I've been told first hand, don't shoot the messenger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
I'm not at liberty to disclose the name of the person who shared the info with me. Trust me, he is not rank and file, nor officer.

When were you told this?

These options were brought to the table years ago, and defeated. Old news?

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."