View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Yes I just don't get it I'm a guide have been for 20 plus years friends with a few big Outfitters but they just don't see it when we gotta wait 10 to 20 30 years for an antelope hunt but yet anyone with money from a different country can come and buy one every year I don't get it I definitely think things should change for the resident Hunters never always used to think like that but I'm more of a resident Hunter now than a guide
I agree the system on the surface seems set up to benefit the outfitters. On the other hand you say anybody with money from another country can hunt antelope every year. I guess technically they could but they would have to find an outfitter that hasn't sold his hunts or has had a cancellation. Yes there are a few who do as you describe and hunt antelope or mule deer or whatever every year because they have been using the same outfitter for years or have a booking agent who gets them to the front of the line and have a place save for them, or they outbid the other hunters who want to come here, but because they do that, some other person from a different country doesn't get to hunt here. It's first come first served for non residents. There are tons of non residents who would be hunting here if they could find outfitters who had tags, but outfitters only have what they have and when they're sold out that's a wrap. There are several on here who are trying to make it sound like outfitters can print tags and sell as many hunts to non residents as they want, which is not true.