View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
No, no, no..... I did not suggest he go to Cabelas. I used the Cabelas brand and pricing because I was quoting the lowest available pricing for accessories. Did you read my opening statement?

If you are a beginner i will give you an approx. bare minimum cost for your accessories

And what year did you buy your Bowtech, arrows, and case? And was that a Bowtech or a Diamond? All I did was give the OP a reasonable expectation of the cost starting from ground zero. If you want to let the OP think he can walk into Jimbow with $600 and walk out with a fully set up Bowtech (not a Diamond) with arrows and case, then you are setting him up for disappointment.

Everything has gone up literally 50% since 2013 when the dollar was last on par.
Sorry BD...yes I did assume you were suggesting Cabela's.
And though I'm not sure of the exact model, it was the fall of 2016 that we bought my son's gear at Jimbow's...and paid, all set up just a shade over $600.00
I'd still suggest that if the OP has a definite budget he shop at a reputable dealer, maybe forego some of the items you've suggested and get instead the proper setup and training that he'll get.
This is one of the things I love about them...recently my other son decided to upgrade the sights on his WinWin Olympic bow. We'd looked at a Shibuya sight that was recommended to us and Jimbow's said it would be close to $400 to get in. My kid is 17 and really couldn't afford that. Carsen (great guy) said an Avalon at $100 would work just as well. All metal, precision made...it's great.
If they know you're on a budget they'll make it work.