View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
APOS is responsible for REGUALTING the Outfitters in Alberta. It is right in their mandate. F&W does enforce the laws but once an Outfitter is convicted there should be repercussions through APOS as well. How can someone be convicted of so many violations and yet remain in good standing. Even the President of APOS has been convicted of violations. If you read APOS's charter, which I see is no longer posted on their website, you will see they are no coming anywhere close to doing what they agreed to when the Regulation of Outfitters was turned over to them from the Province.

I see Albertadriver posted the link to "Code of Ethics" and while it provides for sanctions, I have yet to ever see it happen.
It’s up to the courts to decide the punishment, if they say the offender gets a slap on the wrist then APOS says they want the allocations forfeited, then I imagine there will be a legal court battle to take them?

I’m not defending APOS, I’m questioning the real power they posses as I imagine you can’t just take someone’s property without a legal process, it would be like registries taking away your license because they felt the courts never did enough. Where I have a problem is with weak sentences handed down by the courts. If a court says any repeat offender loses their outfitting priveledges permanently, then there isn’t anything the outfitter or APOS can do about it. If the court says they get a slap on the wrist, but APOS says we want your license, then I’m almost positive there will be a legal battle to follow. I’m not sure APOS has the money or resources to be in a constant court battle? I’m just spitballing here as I have no inside info on the matter, but I think it’s more complicated than we see.

I could be totally wrong though.