View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
In the days of survey this and survey that, people need to read the questions and understand them....at some point a survey you do is actually going to mean something, like this one.

LC
The background information submitted with the recommendations was quite sparse in several cases and what was provided was often difficult to understand. For example see post no. 2 above. I doubt that many understood the implications of switching outfitters' allocations from "percentage of harvest" to "percentage of opportunity" and the negative effect this will have, if implemented, on draw wait times.
I believe that many of those who completed the surveys had little or no understanding of what effect the recommendations, if implemented, would have on hunting opportunities for resident hunters. Whether this was intended by those who crafted the wording used in the recommendations can only be a matter of speculation. I do know that it is possible to word questions in surveys such as this in such a way that those who are conducting the survey get the answers they wish to hear.