View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
Some facts straight from Parks Canada:
-Cull hunt along the Celestine Lake road and Snaring will occur from Oct 6-13
-the Simpcw FN will be participating. From my quick research they mainly reside in the area of BC from Valemount to Barriere. They are one of many FN that used the Jasper area, historically
-no other FN groups have been invited to partake
-the hunt is done in the spirit of reconciliation as a joint effort from Parks Canada, the Federal Government, and the Simpcw FN
-they have set quotas on cull harvest at 3 elk, 3 whitetail, 3 sheep, and one mule deer. No information on sex or age of animals was listed.
I've left the Jasper Park First Nations liaison a message with questions, especially to do with the lack of transparency.

I don't personally have an issue with harvest. I do have a big problem with backdoor deals done in the name of reconciliation and politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for digging in, Dave99!

Did Parks actually call this a "cull hunt"?

They do understand what the word Cull means when used as an adjective to hunt?

So there is a management goal to reduce the wildlife population by 3 Elk, 3 Whitetails, 3 Bighorns and 1 Mulie.....

Unfortunately to many of us, the management goal has nothing to do with the good of the wildlife, it is purely political, to allow Aboriginal control of the Parks.

These animals are the first patronage payment in this new political play.

These animals are being used as Pawns.

Shame on the Simpcw.
They should know better than to kill our brothers and sisters within this motive.
This disrespect will come at a cost to those that participate.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."