View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 11:54 AM

As an Oilers fan it is tough to admit but I have watched more Flames hockey than Oilers. I am enjoying it, the Flames are a hard working team that do not give up. Which is way more than I can say for my beloved Orange and Blue.

Although I think the Oilers have taken a step in the right direction since Dallas was let go that team has a very long ways to go. The give a crap meter of most the players is very low, the work ethic and the culture of losing are going to be very hard to get out of there without some big changes.

As far as the Flames chances of making the playoffs I say 50-50 they will be fighting and contending right up til the bitter end I think. That said the level of play they have managed to sustain so far is going to get even more difficult in the last third of the season. Great to see Ortio doing well when given a chance but I dont see him staying unless they can move Ramo, and who would take him? That is a very short list I think, maybe they can move him at the deadline but I think Ortio will be back in the A once the all-star break hits.

I have tickets next week to watch the Oilers and Sabres, battle of the cellar dwellers. Man I hope the Oilers at least try!
My boss offered me tickets for a Flames game during their home stand after the All-star break I am looking forward to picking which game to go to!