View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300backfire View Post
few years back i bought a brand new uberti saa 44-40 lovely gun it WAS. this was back in my drinking days and i assume my irresponsibility was due to that habit. i bought some 185gr and 240gr bullets and reloaded them. unaware that a 44-40 is .427 vrs .431 for other 44 cal bullets. you can see where im going with this. at any rate loaded to the max, to shooting i would go. they were very tight going into the cylinder, tight enouph i had to push as hard as i could to get them in. yhis would have been the first sign to any sensible person that something is wrong. so off goes the first round 185gr. holy crap for muzzel blast and recoil. this should be the second sign to stop. next round 240gr holy crap. now im beginning to think i should go home and check these loads.
i looked at my gun and alas one side of the cylinder was gone, frame was twisted to the point that the barrel was pointed up 45 degrease, front sight was gone.
although a was fine my gun was destroyed and i dont take reloading lightly anymore. i was lucky
awesome! thanks backfire