Thread: snare refusals
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmparker View Post
thanks for all the replies guys!! its great having more experienced folks to weigh in on things!

the areas the the snares are in were originally bare to start with. the ground was just soft enough that i could push a few sticks straight in to look like saplings. i usually just use dead tree tops like you said tfng. i didn't know how else to direct the coyotes to a snare when there was only 6 or 7 foot gaps between the trees. this isn't the best area for snaring, i know, but i felt like i had to try something.

i didn't do any pre baiting here so thats why the lack of trails. i just topped up the bait yesterday and will leave it for a while then come back and try to set up on the coyote trails.

what I'm thinking, based on everyones responses, is that if a particular stand of trees isn't thick enough it may not be worth trying to snare in it. better to find somewhere with sufficient natural funnels and pinch points. just my thoughts
I would keep at JM try set some farther back away from the bait as well ..and try some not blocked in as much .. at least you have trees to snare off of ..down in H380's country he has NO trees only little scrub patches and does quite well at slaying the yotes