Thread: Unusual Catch
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 10:34 AM

Default Fillin with dirt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
I've been dealing with one of those furry *******es today...twice filled the trap with dirt

Wonder what a firecracker would do.....
You've got a smart one to deal with! I use "The Giant Destroyer" cartridges on those guys. You can get them at Peavey Mart for sure,; don't know about Crappy Tire or? It gives off a poisonous sulpher gas when ignited. First, you find as many of the burrow entrances that you can and dig a bit to make sure the tunnel inside each is fairly clear. Then close off all the entrances but one; I use small pieces of plywood with a rock on it to seal the gas in. Clean out the last entrance wide enough so that you can place the lit cartridge into the tunnel. Then, making sure you have a piece of plywood and a rock or weight ready beside you, light the cartridge and place it well into the entrance. Best if you can put it into the actual tunnel. Obviously you DON'T WANT TO BREATHE THIS STUFF IN so take a big breath before you light it up. Cover the entrance and stand back. If you see too much blue smoke coming out of any of the tunnels, quickly add more dirt. I have used these cartridges on large infested areas and couldn't believe how effective they are. Good luck!!