Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep spotter View Post
Well I'm new to this computer chat and I'm not going to write an essay on the subject, but I have been following this thread for 3 weeks and it has been very interesting to say the least. I have hunted sheep in over half of the zones in Alberta, in the last 30 years,and have been on numerous succesful sheep hunts and just as many unsuccessful. I don't know the stats on how many wolves were around years ago, but I do know that everywhere I have been( past and present ), the wolf tracks continue to grow in numbers , and in the last 5 years I can't believe how many drainages that have more wolf tracks than ever before. If they continue to multiply at this rate our healthy sheep population as we know it is going to be in serious trouble if it's not going there already, and most of your arguing will be irrelevent, as age, size and habitat will not be the issue. The solution here is to get all of the clubs, foundations and societies working together to get a serious predator control program in place and get the general public on board with the concept of predator control vs. ungulate extinction.

all you guys that spend how ever much time in the mountains should make a few extra trips just to thin out this wolf population.