View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Thanks for all the tips gentlemen! I am researching and hunting now and have a couple options in mind...

270person - You mention the long throw and needing taller rings. I do much prefer the look of a lower profile mounted scope. Are you saying that is simply not going to work with the CZ452 throw length or more that it is less convenient? That is an aspect I had not considered...

You'll be able to open the bolt by palming it no problem Bob but you won't have much room between bolt knob and scope for your thumb and from the pics I've seen of you you're sporting some bigger meat paws. You can pinch the bolt knob like you're sipping tea from a fancy teacup tho if you like. Don't forget to raise your pinky.

I use smaller ocular scopes sometimes as some have mentioned but it doesn't help a ton and they arent as bright or as easy to use. A lot of guys remove the rear sight on 452 and 455's equipped with them as well. Better objective clearance.

I have zero problems shooting Talley highs. They are a much better match than the Leupold 11mm. Its not like they're 2 inches above the barrel or anything. Below is a non rimfire 3-9×40 Bushnell 3200 on one of my CZ's. I needed something stainless to match the rifle or I'd never have a Bushnell but it was only $125 and works very well. Plenty of room for the full size objective to clear the barrel. Not Talleys in this case but what the hey. They work just fine and the gophers dont seem to notice a difference.

Last edited by 270person; 05-17-2022 at 08:46 PM.