View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I don't think you will find a scope with a much smaller ocular bell then a leupold, so if you're going to put glass on it it's likely your best bet.)
Putting a Leupold on your CZ 452 can help avoid a lot of the mounting problems that people encounter.

I just went and did a couple of measurements on my 452/455 sporters. They are all mounted the exact same way.

The ocular bell on the vx2 3-9x40 measures just a smidge over 1.5 inch. An ocular of this size is key. Bolt clearance issues should be non existent.

Using medium Burris Signature Zee rings, the objective on my Leupolds sit about 0.17 inch above the barrel. This gives just enough room for the lens covers. More importantly, the scope alignment with my eye is excellent.

If I were in your situation, I'd source a scope with an ocular of the same size as the Leupolds mentioned.

note: ignore my ring choices. I use j&p rail adapters to mount the Burris rings to the cz rail. It's an excellent system that allows you to use rings that mount to weaver bases. Sadly, they no longer ship to Canada.