View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 03:27 PM

I tried them one year and lost the biggest buck I have shot. 130 gr tsx at 3100 fps. Shot the buck at 60 yds broad side right behind the shoulder. I was kneeling with sticks and felt really good about the shot. The impact knocked the buck over sideways and slightly behind a round bale. As the buck flopped and rolled I chambered another round and advanced for a finisher. While walking up I took my eyes off it for a few seconds to look down and when I looked up I was watching my buck run off at full speed. I shot with him him heading straight away and thought I saw his hind end buckle with the impact but he kept going. A third shot missed as he hit the tree line still at full speed. I gave him a 15 min wait before I went after him. I found his tracks but no blood I mean zero blood spots. Going back to the spot where I first shot him I found a small pooling where he had flopped over but the blood trail ended about 20 paces away from where he was shot. I spent the rest of the evening and the whole next morning looking but never found him. I never found one drop of blood outside of the area that I first shot him. My though was the round had too much velocity and never opened up.