View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
I think that Etownguy stated it quite nicely. I am not against OHV's, and enjoy using them, but I do think certain areas need restrictions on them. And for the statements saying how would you like it if fishing was banned in certain areas? It has already happened for the protection of fish in certain areas. We adapted to the changes. Also, I don't blame OHV's for the destruction of fish habitat. I know forestry regulations need a major enforcement overhaul. I think forestry regulations are part of the BHA's mandate. Please correct me if I'm wrong. One question I have for OHV users, do the groups you are involved with advocate for OHV approved areas? I know there are a few areas that are designated for such use and have trails as well as mud bogging areas set up where they won't impact watershed and headwater areas. I am not a member of the AOHV community but I think they should be advocating for more areas like that if they aren't already. And one final question, for everyone who is against BHA because of who they are affiliated with, what group do you recommend joining that has similar values? Because to me it doesn't sound so much that you are opposed to their stated core values and ideals, just that they are affiliated with y2y and certain individuals.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk
Why do you have to belong to a group? Not saying it as a negative thing, but if there is not a group that doesn't align with your views, don't settle.. And of course BHA has some great ideas that we can get behind, but the fact remains they believe that OHV use is not as important.

And I have stated this before, there is a lot of public land in Alberta that you can hunt on, where you will not see or hear any OHVs. I would guess as much as there is where you might see or hear OHVs.

Some questions are, what is BHA's long term plan? Do OHV users have the same rights to public land as backpackers? Who determines who has more rights to public land? Why are questions on lack of enforcement constantly overlooked/ignored?