View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 09:50 AM

We went through the same sort of thing about 10 years ago, When we got pocession of the house the former owners were still moving out we said ok you got till 4 pm, when that time came around we said ok 7 pm as they were moving to Saskatchewan. So 7 comes around they were still there, then we told them the locks are going to be changed in 1 hour. by that time they left with their U haul and left tons of stuff behind. I moved all the stuff to the garden shed and contacted them numerous times eventually they got nasty with me and called the cops and told the cops that I stole their stuff , I spoke with a lawyer and he said send them a register letter where they have to sign for. The letter got refused at their post office so it got send back. So they refused to pick up the stuff and this was 3 months later so we had a garage sale and sold most of the stuff, they had left new bicycles, power tools, weed whackers, mower. etc. So Document everything, like all correspondents, talk to a lawyer, send them an registered letter stating that the item has to be removed with in a certain time period. If they don't follow up yo got your self a nice pool table.