View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Banned

Do some homework, buy some gear, hunt with a few guys that are dedicated to making it work and you will find success. other than that your just going for a drive and sitting in a field[/QUOTE]

This^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Armed bird watching....
That's awesome, going to use that one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman160 View Post
Well a guys gotta try I guess.found a big shoot once an two guys had beat me to it an had er locked up for the am.i asked if they wanted to team up an lay a beatin on em an they "politely" told me to beat it lol this was their hunt.ok good luck as I rolled away.next Mornin I cruised by to watch the show an saw a dozen 747 snow shells an two dudes in white suits in the middle of the feild.birds crossed the fence line flight after flight an cruised on by em 200 yrds away into another quarter.i went an locked er down an made up for the loss of that shoot the next Mornin.what can ya do lol!!!
This^^^!!! If more guys that were of the limited gear and experience variety, opened things up to those that were more experienced, they would learn more in one or two hunts than they would in 2 season just by observing and asking questions. I get wanting to keep it to you and a buddy or your dad for some guys, but when these same guys routinely manage to sky bust 3 or 4 "lucky pellet" ducks or geese and think it's a success, I can only imagine how they would feel if they accepted the invite of a couple experienced guys with gear and know how and had 64 bird four man limit laying at their feet when the smoke cleared. And you didn't have to invest in the gear and the advice was free. Get this a few times with guys that are holding a shoot for a brother in law or cousin that is going to hunt it in for or five days or doesn't want a hand. Usually watch the birds feed it out and move on, or watch them scratch out 4 to 6 geese from a hunt that should have been limited in under and hour. To each their own, just saying there is a lot to gain by allowing the experienced guys to tag along on stuff you have permission for. Good luck this year, cheers.