Thread: New bow sights
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBear74 View Post
I don't have this sight, but I've read up on it. You first sight in your 20yd pin. Then sight in your 30yd pin. The 40, 50, 60 yd pins will automatically be adjusted to follow based on the trajectory of the arrow according to your bow speed. So if your bow is shooting the arrow at 260fps, your gap between the 20 and 30 yd pins will be greater than a bow shooting 300fps and the gaps between the 40, 50 and 60 yd pins will widen proportionally as well. Again, don't have one, just what I understand from what I've read.
How does the bow know the speed of your arrow?

If they are using a micro dial type setup to compensate....then technically they would need to use a different worm gear based on different speeds IMHO......the frequency and pitch of the threads would have to differ based on the speeds.

Normanrd forwarded me the email that he was sent and it was laughable....based on what they had to say about THEIR sight....I won't entertain the thought of buying one and I have used Trophy Ridge sights since they became a company on all of my bows....I will continue using them, just not this particular model.

LC