View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
I would be one to go through Vernon, Lumby, hwy 6, and then once you hit Nakusp, head south and hit the loop through Cranbrook, Kimberly.

In Lavington, heading to Lumby there is a gas station on the left of the highway, the second one in Lavinghton. You have to hit up their soft ice cream machine. Then in Lumby, there is the bakery, just past the flashing red light, the only light in Lumby. Just on the right side, about 3 doors past the corner. You can absolutely not drive through Lumby without hitting up that gem. If you are into fly fishing, there is a GREAT shop just before lavington, at the RV place, if he is still there. Sandy has been there fore ever.

Once you cross the first ferry, I think Needles, on Arrow lake, just as you come up off the ferry, about 200m there is a forest service road on your right. 20 min down to a fabulous camping spot right on Arrow lake. Taite Cr. If you hit the timing right the creek feeding the lake is awesome fishing. You are fishing in the lake, not the creek.

There are numerous gems all over BC, many natural "hot springs" that are small, and are hidden gems. You can find them, if you do searches ahead of time, and plan you routes.
The shop is called "Kenkraft" and it's still there, and it's still a great shop. I suspect 95% of the people driving by it don't realize it's there......