View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The fellow bought the Axis, because he was totally unaware or the difference between rifles, and he was trying to get into hunting for a low price. He paid close to $550 for the Axis with a cheap scope that crapped out the first time he fired the rifle. A replacement trigger would run around $125, and a replacement stock around $150, so that gets him into the $800-$850 range. The T-3x was on sale for just under $1000, so in the end, the difference would be $150-$200, and the T3x is stainless.

That is a great price on the T3X. Most of the ones I have seen are in the $1300 range. He also over paid for the Axis unfortunately. The ones I have seen bare, sell for $380 on sale. Buying the packages with the cheap scope never works out well. To me this is prime evidence that someone did not do this guy any favours when they were selling him the gun. Depending on how long he has had it I would be talking to the place I bought it from and asking for at least a partial refund for the crap scope. Glad you could help him out.