Thread: No Antelope
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 02:01 PM

When you fill out your application for a Win #, your are "supposed" to indicate that your only eligible for fishing licenses if you have not taken one of these courses.....

Last time I looked at an application (a few years back now).....all you had to do was "check" a box if you had taken the course(s)....from there, I am not sure if anyone checked if you had the proper course(s) officially....or just accepted the applicants honesty and allowed them to be entered in the hunting draw system.......

Just found this on the Government Website......

Q: Do I have to take a Hunter Education course before getting a WIN card?
A: No. Successfully completing a Conservation and Hunter Education course (or passing a hunter-competency test) is only required of first-time hunters applying for a hunting licence (if such hunters have not passed such a course or test elsewhere, and are not non-residents accompanied by a licensed guide). Anyone who applies and pays $8.00 is issued a WIN.

Though with that being said......I still think that if Anti-Hunters were going to plug up the draw system...like it has been mentioned.....they would want the publicity of doing it and being successful....I personally believe the draw system works! And if you follow the information released by the SRD, you can fairly easily predict when you will get drawn....with exception of odd years where tags need to be increased or decreased based on management strategy....

Last edited by ABwhitetail; 08-22-2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: more info....