View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I have not read the legislation but if it was breed specific or crosses with specific breeds that were ordered rehomed or destroyed, it should not and can not be applied to crosses that look a certain way. I do not want to re read that link but I think the story ended with the court agreeing with the dog owners.
I am not sure I understand what is your point?

You seem to sway from being bent out of shape that you have had to break up so many fights to everything is one happy party at the places your min pin exercises you.

There are bad dogs and good dogs out there and there are bad owners and good owners.

Bad dog or good dog a good owner is responsible for his/her dog no matter what the breed.

All that said, I have no problem with them banning pit bulls and at the same time have no problem thinking labs for the most part should not be part of a breed specific ban. I am not saying that all labs should get a free pass.
Well my friend, that's where you're wrong. Ontario's and Montreal's (from what I understand) BSL focuses on the "look" of a dog, not the breed. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck - then it has to be a duck.

When labs and boxers and such gets caught up in a pitbull ban? Who in this day in age can't identify a labrador retriever? I know Animal control and cops that can't identify a dog breed. We need DNA - cause whomever is looking at these dogs can't tell a dog from a hole in the ground - and that's the average joe. That's sad reality. That concerns me.

That's like the idea of a gun being banned cause it's black.

You haven't read the legislation, the average person hasn't.