View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
I'm not a believer in dogs being predisposed to aggression - there are no aggressive breeds. And I'm willing to bet your yote cross has trust issues.

Read up on miniature pinschers, pick any site. Most of the information out there is false. Escape artists, should be kept on leash, what a crock. This misinformation goes for all breeds - everyone wants to be the next big expert.

I can honestly say, jack russels take no more work than any other dog. If a person choose to keep a dog in a managed environment compared to running free in a dog park - then you take your chances. I prefer full socialization - no surprises.
Some dog breeds most definitely do have a aggressive predisposition. Or what we identify as aggressive behaviour (prey drive, territorial). It's inherited.

I have a working line German shepherd her ancestors and siblings have been bred for schutzhund, very high prey drive. I have accepted the fact that the dog park isn't a place for her. Owners of pit bull type dogs should take the same stance.

The fact that your dog doesn't display the common traits associated with the breed doesn't meen they aren't present. It shows your a good trainer but you can't change your dogs instincts.

I'm against breed specific legislation but I do believe stiffer penalties are necessary for people who are stupid enough to let their dogs attack/kill other dogs.