Thread: Vacant Trapline
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
I am a serious trapper and can barely pay my basic expenses with fur revenue. $100,000 to $300,000 for a trap line? What other explanation do you have? Investment speculation? Commodity speculation? Tax write off? You tell me! All I know is that you are not paying the bills by trapping.

BTW I know of MANY traplines that were purchased for far more than the value of the physical assets (against the rules), developments made which exceed the necessities for trapping (against the rules), used for activities beyond trapping such as outfitting and hunting (against the rules), and not used for serious trapping (I am not actually sure if that is against the rules or not but it certainly stings when you know how hard it is to get access to trap a RFMA).
So post up some names and locations of all these people who own these lines ! I'm sure F&W would love to know who they are. Heck I'll settle for half a dozen and I'll call them in too. Don't need to know all of them, let's just chip away at the issue with the first 5 or 6.