View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:14 AM

McMillan builds a great stock but be prepared to wait 6 months to a year if your ordering a custom colour one, Ive had a Cpl dozen rifles built and by all accounts a Wildcat is as good as it gets if your wanting a lightweight and tough stock, two week wait time and made right in Alberta, Stu at Wildcat is excellent to deal with.

Nice thing about a Wildcat Stock is they are easy to alter IE-cheekpiece, palm swell or high comb, from two of the gunsmiths I use they say best built lightweight stocks made.

Shoulder a bunch of rifles with different stocks that have a cheekpiece, high comb, straight comb, and be sure on your LOP for quick and comfortable shouldering of your rifle if you have to make a quick shot, nothing worse than a custom rifle that doesn't fit you.

I hear great things about trigger tech triggers but haven't used one yet, I really like Timney Calvin Elite triggers but not necessary for a hunting rifle, standard Timney is fine, I also have a Jewel trigger in my 28 Nosler and its a nice trigger but still prefer the TCE over it.

Good luck with your build
WF