View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeelmer View Post
Does anyone have some real world experience with Nosler Ballistic Tips at over 3200FPS? My 270bee is putting them out at over 3400fps
Not looking for stories that you personally have not witnessed. But actual experience.
My 270 weatherby loves them and shoots them better than anything, but not sure at there speed if I want them or not. I tried some Berger's but she doesn't group them well, and I am not a big fan of paying the ridiculous price for partitions.(I know they work, but $65 for 50 seams terrible) Also don't really want to go to barnes unless I absolutely have to, as they have been very copper fouling in my other guns, and have been delayed in killing as well.
I have run Swift Scirroco11 in my old 257bee and they seamed not to open up unless you hit bone, had three different deer, run along bloody ways(pun intended) before they died, and found about a identical in and out hole. So sometimes to hard of bullet is not great either.
I have tipped over a few elk and deer with the 130gr BT with a 270wby with a full dose of IMR 7828. Never had a problem. My Winchester M70 loved them too.