View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Default New Post

I am a younger hunter. I first gained the desire to hunt at a young age when I learned how to clean my grandfathers 22. L Winchester. Joke was on me. I never was taken out hunting by my own father even. Now I'm 31 and haven't been on very many hunts. Last year I had the opportunity to go with a group for white tail and one of the guys was a close friend or so I thought. His boss at the very last minute decided that he didn't want to take any new hunters with him (which my friend was a new hunter whom I introduced to the activity). This nearly soiled hunting for me. So... Rant over.

As I said I'm fairly new to hunting I have been out to track black bear and grizzly on a friends farm as they had some cows killed. Shot some beaver on same farm two summers ago. i would love to be able to go hunting with another group or even one on one. I would even be willing to come and just observe not even have to make a kill the first time out. But that would be awesome. I believe the conservation efforts are so very important to our province to maintain a healthy hunting experience and healthy animal wild life. I have been soaking up as much info from acquaintances and pouring over HOURS of YouTube videos.

Obviously i have my PAL and Hunters Safety courses
I shoot a Mossberg 30-06
I have my Grandfathers 22L Winchester (jokes on him I own it now)
I have had fair amount of practice target and skeet shooting as well

Want to meet Prior to going out, coffee or beer.

Willing to travel up to 3 hours from Edmonton.