View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 AM

Well poop, was going to cut and paste my two from the other thread over to here but see my post there has been removed.

Went out Saturday to scout some and reaquaint myself with some landowners. As I was checking out one pasture I noticed 2 coyotes across the field in a farmers field I knew so I went to his house and asked for permission. Went back to the spot I saw the yotes at and set up with my FoxPro Fury. About 5 minutes of Lightning Jack and 2 come in from the upwind side surprisingly enough. At 35 yards they seen me and turned running straight away from me in single file. Aimed for the front one and dropped the back one. Upon inspection seems I did this male a favour as he has the beginnings of mange. Hair on shoulders going fast and the good ole red crotch.

Next headed over to one of my favorite calling spots. Parked my truck and was walking in behind the row of trees along the edge of the field. As I turned to go in on the trail, I notice out in the canola swaths there are 4 coyotes out there already. Did my best to sneak in but got busted so shooting from the most awkward of positions I missed the first one but downed this little male with my second shot. Never got another shot off.

Fur quality is still not great.

Using my Savage FCSS in 204 Ruger topped of with a 6 - 20 x44 Vortex Viper scope. Shoot factory Hornady 40 grain Vmax's.