View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
In order to understand where we're going we must understand where we were.
From the 49th to the Edmonton area I've had the good fortune of catching trout over 5 lbs. with most of the larger fish caught some years ago. That was Quality Fishing.

Now if I traveled the same route I might get a chance in one single lake of a 5 lbs. fish. Obviously not a Quality fishery.

Now some folks want to return this Province to what it was and the few, by looking @ the poll - very few are saying that they don't want to catch decent sized fish.

The real question is - if the few want a lake where they can kill @ their hearts content - lets give them a few - maybe 10 or being a little magnanimous - maybe 20.

But no - in order to entertain the 12" fish crowd, we make every lake but 2 crap fisheries.

Is this ass-backwards or what.

Don
So you are admitting that you can catch a 5 lb trout right now. Isn't that enough? How many 5 lb trout do you need to catch on one fishing trip in order to satisfy your need to catch big fish?

And people wonder why I call "quality" fisheries a way of making catching bigger fish easier? Ask Don! They are already there, you just have to work harder to catch them. That's what makes it so sweet when you do.

SRD currently has 17 lakes listed as "quality" fisheries. Why are you saying that there are only 2 of them?

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/ManagingPr...**ers-2010.pdf