View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Read my first post. I said “...the second he turned offshore”

I shake my head at the lack of reading comprehension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post

Whoever didn’t have the balls to tell them to pull the trigger is an embarrassment and should be severely disciplined. Allowing that nutcase to fly over Seattle is insane.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4382531/g...acoma-airport/
Rules of engagement are pretty strict especially involving a domestic plane with unknown intent and passengers. Once the plane was heading away from from a populated area shooting it down is not a priority until it is deemed to be a threat again. Ie heading back towards a populated area.
One just does not shoot down a plane. The aftermath can be worse then original intent.
To many variable at play to say "they didnt have the balls to give the order to shoot" the Pilots would have had clear concise rules of engagements. Thank god they are disciplined to follow them and not a bunch of lazy boy chair commanders who shoot from the hip and deal with the aftermath later.
Ultimately it would rest with the Fighter Pilots to take the shot. As they are the actual eyes watching and living the situation.
At the time i am sure there was lots of confusion as to the origin of why the plane was in the air.

Shooting it down over a populated area is a risk in itself.
The Command team and the Pilots did an excellant job. They responded and they monitered the plane. The outcome however trajic proved that they have the disciplne and abilty to intercept domestic flights reasonably quick.

I did read your first post. Then your second one.
Not sure how they let him fly over Seattle as he already was by the time they got there. But hey lets not let common sense get in the way.

I stand by my comments.
I wonder how reading chomprehension is the issue when the words are written the way they are.
Sorry for not pasting the two posts together and reading between the lines. Then make an interpretation of your posts. To see your intent.

Those Pilots and that Command Team deserve a beer. Not to be chastized for cool calm and collective work. (I bet those pilots were sweating like it was +50degs and 98%humidty stuck in a small steel room with no air circulation.
BRAVO ZULU to them.