View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
You need a signed paper copy because it's the law. I got stopped by a conservation officer (not F&W) several years ago, and when he asked for my license, I discovered that it must have fallen out of my waders. I did, however have a picture of it on my phone. He accepted that I had a license because of the picture but gave me a verbal warning because I didn't have the paper version.
Absolutely.
Someone mentioned that the purpose of a paper copy (unless I misread) is the ability for the FW officer to scan it, and that was the part I was addressing. Scanning can be done from the phone just as well as from a paper copy. I personally checked it with the parking stub as mentioned in my example.

Signature thing is also silly. I have been warned about it as well (my fishing license was not signed). Although when I asked her if it really matters, she said not really. Other couple of FW officers I talked to said it does not matter either. I highly doubt that anyone had ever been charged for an unsigned license.

Personally, I always carry all paperwork with me. Never left the house without it yet when going hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
If you are driving back to camp, you are simply driving your truck. Especially if its dark. If it is still legal light, you might have a hard time convincing a judge that, if a moose popped out, that you would drive by because your license is back at camp....im not sure id gamble on that one.
I don’t know. Driving a truck is driving a truck. Be it in daylight or after hours. I don’t think I would have to be proving that if an animal popped out I would just keep driving. Just like I would not have to prove it when driving to a range/shooting spot on crown land out of season. By this logic, I could be charged every time I drive in the bush (it anywhere, really) while having a gun in my vehicle.