View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 04:47 PM

Two summers ago I was fishing at Slave Lake and there was a bunch of late teens/young adults fishing as well. FW pulled over to check for licenses. A few people got tickets. One was trying to convince the FW officer that he has the license but forgot it at home. He got a ticket and was told to fax or email the “predated” license to the officer handing out the fines and the ticket would be retracted/cancelled.

I am sure some can look it up on the spot, some probably can’t. Regardless, they can issue a fine for not having a printed copy. I think it is weird in this day and age and one should be able to present a digital copy on the phone, but it is what it is.

I was once pulled over (for speeding) and found out that I lost my insurance card but had an expired one in the glove compartment (I usually have two slips, one in the wallet and one in the glove compartment, but somehow both disappeared). The cop called the insurance company using my expired slip to confirm I was still insured. He had every right to issue a ticket on the spot, but he was nice enough to give me a break. He said if it was a weekend or it was after hours, I would not be so lucky. I assuming if it was another officer, or this one would be in a bad mood, I would drive away with two tickets, instead of just one for speeding.

Someone mentioned that they need a paper copy because they scan it. This is not true. If you ever travel and park your vehicle at the airport and then loose your parking stub, they will scan it from the photo of it you took earlier just as they would a printed copy. You do not need a printed copy for scanning purposes.