View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I loved using a whisker biscuit, until I switched to the hamskea. Would never go back. I much prefer the hamskea over the qad but you can’t go wrong with either.
I would avoid ripcord like the plague.
I was on a 3D trail with two other fellows. One guy had a ripcord. We were about 3 or 4 targets into the trail and accuracy of guy with ripcord was going all to chit. The other guy used to shoot very competitively out east and has some reputable bowhunting experience too. He was telling us about how he was “shooting for” ripcord at one time because he couldn’t help but notice the ripcord being used. Rest blew up on the shot at a moose. One or two other guys (can’t recall exactly) out of the four of them in hunting camp also had a ripcord malfunction on the same hunt.
He called ripcord up and the company was fully aware of their design issues and didn’t care to do anything about it at the time. Not sure if that has changed. A few targets later on the 3D trail after hearing this story, the internals of the ripcord being used literally broke beyond repair. We laughed at the irony, and that guy didn’t seem to care as he had already been convinced to replace it and was already seeing consistency issues during that outing.
Do you recall what model of ripcord you and the other fellows used? I like ripcord as I find it a lot quieter then the other options you mentioned but now I am worried it'll "blow up."