View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo
Are you saying that according to ESRD, Bowhunters should get a floating Harvest percentage based on the number of bowhunting licences sold? Is the 15% cap now old news?

It should be. So raise the 15% cap to 15.86%, I've got no issue with that.

If bowhunters are exceeding their harvest ratio, then their success ratio must be higher than for rifle hunters.

How do you figure that? The number of archers isn't controlled. Your arguement would hold water if they were allocated 15% of the tags but they aren't. Their numbers are uncontrolled. Say zone X has an allowable harvest of 20 bucks and rifle hunters get 30 tags and kill 15 bucks. Their success is 50%. Say there are 100 archers that hunt that WMU and they kill 5 bucks. Their success is 5% but they still exceeed the 15% cap. This is a pretty simple math with known formuas.

And this is why I stated earlier that the 15.58% number being used to say bowhunters are exceeding their harvest ratio is not logical.

I would love to see the Harvest stats, broken down to Resident Archery/ Draw/ Outfitter/ Landowner Harvest by WMU.

Me Too.

I'll ask again SH. Have you seen these stats, or are you accepting the numbers given by ESRD through faith?
I've seen some of them and I don't think ESRD is lying about the others. I don't trust them on a lot of things but hard numbers that are a result of humnter surveys, I feel comfortable that they are on the up and up.

Dang you made this last post hard to quote.

I bitched year last about elk and moose going on draw, and I previously started a thread on hunter harvest stats and bitched about that too. Now I have to bitch that people didn't pay attention to my bitching.

Instead of putting a General season on draw, if and when ESRD can confidently support their position that there is a conservation or user group equality need to restrict a season, ESRD should start using other techniques to achieve desired goals such as shortening seasons.