View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Default Yah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
thats what im hearing from pretty well everyone i know that has done it. a friend killed a 244 inch buck afew years back. he is an outfitter is sask running numerous baits....be he wont hunt them himself. he says the biggest bucks just dont show up at bait during legal hours. alot of guys think its just throw out a pile of grain and pound a giant. that isnt reality though....
That has been my experience in SASK. just so thats clear. Lol
I had a beautiful 6x6 hit my bait one afternoon the week before i could hunt. All the rest of my pics of him were at night. I had about 3 nights shots of him. I believe he bred the does near my location for a couple days and moved on.
Sat 3 days in my blind. Before my road to my stand blew in. Never seen this deer again. I was thinking of posting pics of him but fear neg ridicule of a few posters here. It's not as easy as a guy thinks. Loads of work and endless hours of sitting. I was watching an episode of live to hunt last night. Took Kelsey 2 years to harvest a buck they were after and sounds like endless hours of sitting hoping he would make a mistake and show himself during legal light. . But some guys are just plain lucky and can harvest a big deer every year. Hung my Sask tag on the wall of shame this year. Lol. Next year , hoping the sixer i'm after makes it through the season. He's a whopper and could possibly put a few more inches on him next year.
Nikon